About Alderney Landing
Alderney Landing's Mission Statement
"Alderney Landing promotes community and cultural programming and is recognized as a unique destination and venue for business, arts and entertainment in Nova Scotia." Alderney Landing exists to enhance the recreational and cultural life of the region.
Alderney Landing's Guiding Principles
- That Alderney Landing be incorporated and run as a non profit society with an independent Board of Directors who represent a balance of the community's interests from business, government, cultural, educational, and recreational sectors.
- That Alderney Landing exists to enhance the recreational and cultural life of the region.
That Alderney Landing be operated on the principle of accessibility and affordability to the community.
- While commercial activity is an integral part in some sectors of the operations of Alderney Landing, it is not the reason d'etre for its existence.
- That the commercial activity within the project is not intended to compete with but instead to complement the local business community.
- That Alderney Landing maintain a strong identification with downtown Dartmouth and be seen as a flagship for its rejuvenation.